1. Am I the only one that is ready to go back to work after a long weekend with my kids? No? Really? I love not working, but three days at home with the brats makes me CRAZY! Thank GAWD this showed up at my house Friday night.... it was much needed!
3. My girlfriend and her son were in town this weekend from Arizona. They came out to escape the heat. Joke was on them, it was just as hot here and it was HUMID........ so seeing that it was 100 degrees out, someone had a great idea that we would go to the Farmers Market with four very pissy kids. Good thing we didn't care and made them suffer. How could we when the veggies were amazing and we were right on the water?
4. Seriously..... why did I have the ugly #2 pencils when I went to school? I really want a job where I write only in pencil, specifically, in these pencils. Maybe I should just go back to school. Not sure why I thought graduating and getting a real job sounded so good back then. Kids... stay in school forever! Unless you are my kids and get the hell out and get a job!
5. We BBQ'd like five times this weekend. Okay, lie... once, but it was really good and I really wish we would have grilled every day. I caught Baby Spawn making his burger. Not sure if I even have words for this..... at least he has lettuce on his burger? And a tomato? Does that even count when they are not as big as a dime? I guess he ate his veggies?
6. You know how when you date your man brings you flowers all the time, just cuz, and it is oh so sweet? Yeah, mine doesn't, BUT he brings me my most favoritest beer ever, like ever! Even makes a special trip to do so and surprises me. Doesn't get any better than that.
7. Kudos to you Disney, you did it again! You made it impossible for me to walk through the store with Baby Spawn without having to explain a 1,000 times that I WILL NOT purchase an extremely overpriced gaming system just because he. has. to. have. it. Especially with Christmas so close. But really Disney, can you stop already? Not only do you create an awesome game, but you also create characters that we can purchase to "pop" in these games. I know, I know, so freaking cool, but come on! Throw us single moms a bone and give us a cheap game so we don't starve for a month!
8. See this girl? She does actually belong to me, however this is the first time she has put on a dress in over two years, or a skirt for that matter. I think I have the only teenage girl that does not own a dress, skirt or anything of the like. Sad thing is, she was forced to try this on. My girlfriend and I LOVED it, and since we are fat pigs and not size eights, we made Spawn try it on for us. Isn't she pretty in it! Too bad it was a $200 dress, which is a completely different post in itself!
9. We spent Labor Day at my girlfriends parents house. This is on the side, right outside the kitchen. It is cool, really cool. Her Dad is a cool dude. I really want this.
10. Baby Spawn deemed himself KING OF THE POOL on Labor Day.... guess you can do that when you climb up on the roof and state it as a fact!